Recent photos from Father Pandosy Village

Sunday, August 16, 2015

As part of my photography assignment for Level 5 of the Arcanum (a master/apprentice photography program), I had been challenged to reshoot an image I took a couple of years ago at the Father Pandosy Mission in Kelowna, B.C. The new image is below (you can see the before and after in my previous post here).

Bedroom, Henderson House, Father Pandosy Mission, Kelowna, B.C.
This image is one of the bedrooms at the Father Pandosy Mission in Kelowna, British Columbia. Taking this image is made difficult by the fact that the room is closed off by a waist-height door and then a grid of bars to the top of the doorframe. To take this image you must push the lens of the camera through the bars to avoid a bar being in front of the lens. I set the camera on the ledge made by the cut off door for extra stability while I took 7 images with various exposures from -3 through +3 at 1 stop intervals. I then used Lightroom CC to generate the HDR image you see below.

Living Room, Henderson House, Father Pandosy Mission, Kelowna, B.C.
Similarly I took this image of the living room. Again shot using the same techniques as above, with the intent of ensuring the view out of the window was visible and not blown out, which it would be if you expose for the interior. Unfortunately, I did not notice the car outside the 2nd window on the right side (ooops!).

Kitchen, Henderson House, Father Pandosy Mission, Kelowna, B.C.
This final image (of the recent shoot) was taken of the kitchen. As you will see below, I have photographed a close up of the kitchen shelves before but now you can see them in context.

Close Up
It's important to realize sometimes an image can't be saved and you have to reshoot it. I am lucky the location is close by and I could re-create the image very easily. You don't always have this luxury. It pays to get it right, first time.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments